Anything and everything that 'rings my Belle'!


~ CHIASMUS Quotations ~

Chi-as-mus (ky-AZ-mus) n.
chi-as-tic    adj.
a reversal in the order of words in two otherwise parallel phrases
 

I found the coolest book at the library...

"never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you"
by Dr. Mardy Grothe

This is one of the most fun reads I've seen in a long time.
I've been a fan of chiasmus all my life
without knowing there was a word for them!
My favorite is my quote on my Jitterbugbelle profile =

"Either write something worth reading...
or do something worth writing"
(Ben Franklin)

Dr Grothe has them in categories in the book
and these are some of my faves.

I'd love for ya'll to add your own; 
either your own words 
or some good ones you find somewhere.

  ~~♥~~

101.
"Ask not what your country can do for you,
ask what you can do for your country"
(John F. Kennedy)

102.
"It's not the men in my life,
but the life in my men"
(Mae West)

103.
"Say what you mean,
and mean what you say"
(all parents : )

~~♥~~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Add to Technorati Favorites
My photo
I am a Vegan, who enjoys meeting other Vegans.